CHURCH OFFICE SECRETARY
Israel Baptist Church is hiring for the position of CHURCH OFFICE SECRETARY. If you have a servant's heart for ministry and meet the requirements below, click here to apply.
The Office Secretary oversees the operations of the church office and assists church leadership (Pastor, Deacons, Trustees, and Ministry Leaders) with a variety of administrative duties, as well as handling the day-to-day requests from the congregation and non-members. Since this position is composed of many diverse elements, the person must be flexible, can prioritize projects, can perform multiple tasks simultaneously, and possess good time management. This person will also work with sensitive data and information. Good judgement, a commitment to confidentiality, and sound discretion is a must for this position.
- Telephones. Answers incoming calls and responds to voicemail messages in a timely fashion. Takes and delivers messages to the appropriate person.
- Visitors. Welcomes in-person visitors and provides the necessary assistance. Monitors visitor access during normal business hours.
- Mail. Manages incoming and outgoing mail from the office. Prepares bulk mail and arranges for mailing.
- Recordkeeping. Updates and maintains select churchwide records and information (i.e., sick and shut-in list, ministry leaders list, etc.)
- Data Entry. Enters contributions into the church management database system.
- Database. Supports maintaining member information and records in the church management database and the robocall database.
- Email Communication. Responds to church email and web messages in a timely fashion.
- Website. Updates content on the church’s website.
- Social Media. Posts approved messaging on the church’s social media accounts.
- Robocalls and Texting. Using the robocall and texting system, creates calls and texts for various church events and notices. Responds to incoming text messages.
- Inventory. Maintains inventory of office materials and items. Ensures all office equipment is kept in good condition.
- Calendar Management. Manages the church calendar. Maintains the recurring list of ministry meetings and formats (in-person or online). Assigns rooms to ministries for in-person meetings. Creates virtual meetings, by request, for ministries.
- Print & Digital Materials. Prepares printed communication for worship (i.e., church bulletin/announcement sheet, envelopes, etc.) and assemble for distribution. Prepares and duplicates ministry marketing materials (fliers, brochures, posters, etc.). Prepares and duplicates items for special and/or unscheduled events (i.e., funeral obituaries, revivals, anniversary envelopes, etc.). Designs PowerPoint slides for church announcements.
- Collaboration. Works in conjunction with Pastor’s Executive Administrative Assistant with select business processes and practices (i.e., aligning the church calendar with the Pastor’s calendar). Works closely with ministry leaders to support their ministry administrative needs.
- General Administrative Support. Under the direction of the Pastor and/or Trustees, provides administrative support, including faxing; writing memos, reports, and correspondence; filing; photocopying; scanning; collating; preparing binders and file folders for meetings; write meeting minutes; etc. Serves as backup in the absence of the Pastor’s Administrative Assistant.
- Other. Performs other job-related duties, as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS & EXPERIENCE
- Must be saved and possess a Christ-like demeanor.
- Have an appreciation and understanding for the ministry and mission of Israel Baptist Church.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Minimum of two years of administrative support, office administration, or closely related experience.
- Commitment to excellent customer service.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office/ Microsoft 365 (Word and PowerPoint Required; Excel Highly Recommended)
- Strong interpersonal telephone and communication skills
- Strong digital literacy/computer skills
- Possess ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to be flexible, work independently and prioritize workload.
Offers of employment contingent upon successful passing of a background check.
If you believe this would be a good fit for you, click here to apply today! Deadline to apply: Friday, June 10, 2022