WE WILL NOT RE-ENTER OUR SANCTUARY IN AUGUST
Pastor H. Walden Wilson, II, the Joint Officials, and the Church Re-Entry Team have been carefully monitoring the state of affairs regarding the novel coronavirus (COVID-19). With the recent uptick in the number of coronavirus cases in the state of Maryland, we do not feel it is safe at this time to return to our sanctuary for in-person worship.
Understanding this, we have decided to postpone our re-entry date of Sunday, August 2, 2020.
We do not yet have a date for re-entry; however, we will provide a status update by the end of August. We will continue to worship in our virtual sanctuary.
WHAT WE'VE DONE TO PREPARE FOR A SAFE & SANITIZED RE-ENTRY
- Extra sanitizing stations have been added around the church.
- All volunteers and staff will wear the appropriate personal protection equipment, such as masks and gloves.
- Restrooms are adequately stocked with soap, paper towels, and toilet paper.
- The church received a deep-cleaning and was highly sanitized using CDC-recommended products. As an extra precaution, the church will have another cleaning prior to the August 2, 2020 re-entry.
- Cleanings will occur after each service.
A SPIRITUAL ENVIRONMENT WITH NEW PROCEDURES
- All that enter will be required to wear masks through the entire service.
- Entry and exit will be through main doors only. Look for directive signage on how on entry and exit procedures when arriving at the church.
- Physical interactions with fellow parishioners (hand-shakes, hugs, etc.) are prohibited.
- Following governmental guidelines of maximum capacity and social distancing, capacity will be capped. Once the maximum capacity has been reached, we will, unfortunately, not be able to have others in the sanctuary.
- Family members and special needs persons with a companion will not be subject to socially-distant seating; however, all others will be assigned to sit six-feet apart.
- Offering should be placed in the designated receptacles either upon entry or exit of the sanctuary; we will not walk around to give offering. Credit card machines will be available in the Narthex for those that with to give via credit or debit cards.
- The Lord's Supper will be observed on the First Sundays of the Month. Self-serve containers will be placed in plastic bags. Deacons will distribute when parishioners enter the sanctuary.
- Children must remain with their parents during the service.
If you exhibit any of the following signs, please stay home and enjoy the worship experience via live stream.
- Fever of chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting